Tripura RTO Office (Regional Transportation Office) or RTA in all state and union regions of India, Tripura RTO is a subsidiary of the Department of Motor Vehicles. Tripura’s RTO is a government agency that carries out its tasks and responsibilities under the 1988 Motor Vehicle Act.
Tripura Officer of Tourism and Transportation, headed by the Transportation Commissioner, has been formulated stating the State Government may constitute and appoint as its officers the Department of Motor Vehicles, for purposes of implementing the provisions of the Act.
Tripura RTO Offices List with Address
- TR 01 RTO Office Agartala, TR-01 Phone Number and Address
- TR 02 RTO Office Kailashahar, TR-02 Phone Number and Address
- TR 03 RTO Office Gomati Dto, TR-03 Phone Number and Address
- TR 04 RTO Office Dharamanagar, TR-04 Phone Number and Address
- TR 05 RTO Office Ambassa, TR-05 Phone Number and Address
- TR 06 RTO Office Khowai Dto, TR-06 Phone Number and Address
- TR 07 RTO Office Sepahijala Dto, TR-07 Phone Number and Address
- TR 08 RTO Office South Tripura Dto, TR-08 Phone Number and Address
- TR 99 RTO Office Sta Tripura, TR-99 Phone Number and Address
Tripura RTO Office Timings:
Offices of the Department stand open from 10:30 am to 5:00 pm. However, Citizens can file applications for all transactions (except
Reservation of Registration Number) in the respective offices from 10:30 am-2:00 pm only. Applications for Number Reservation have to
be filed from 10:30 am-1:00 pm.
Acceptable Documents for Proof of Age (Copies to be attested by any gazetted officer)
- Electoral Roll
• Life Insurance Policy
• Pay slip issued by a central/state government office indicating date of birth
• School Certificate
• Birth Certificate issued by Municipal authorities
• Certificate issued by a civil surgeon
Acceptable Documents for Proof of Residence (Copies to be attested by any gazetted officer)
- Ration Card
• Multi-purpose household card
• Payslip issued by Public sector organization showing his/her office address or residential address
• Municipal tax receipt/notice
• Bank passbook from any scheduled bank
• Cooking gas connection allotment order
• Electricity bill issued by APTRANSCO
• Water bill issued by municipality or waterworks departments
• Any telephone bill including landline or mobile
• A driving license or registration certificate issued by the licensing authority or registering authority as the case may be
• Aadhar Card
Tripura RTO Vehicle Information
An RTO’s primary function is to preserve and track the various laws and regulations listed in the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, a detailed datapoint for all motor vehicles registered in that particular city, state, and Union territory. In addition, the RTO is responsible in the State of Tripura for the supervision of public transport, maintenance of registrations for vehicles, issue of driving and vehicle authorizations, monitoring of vehicle emissions, and properly collecting road tax.
What are the services offered by RTO in Tripura?
Each Regional Transport Office (RTO) has some feature sets that they are considered to perform in different towns, States, or union territories in India. There are three primary roles of the Tripura RTO:
- The Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989 and the State Motor Vehicle Standards are duly implemented to ensure that all the rules and regulations laid down in the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 are executed appropriately.
- By the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, tax is levied and collected.
- Enabling the construction and development of road transport by the management of their respective permits.
What are the types of Vehicle Registration in Tripura?
In the state of Tripura, there are two types of vehicle registration processes available:
A quick registration is obtained at the time of car purchase. The manufacturer only performs this form of identification because it is only available for a short time. The car owner must get the permanent license within the timeline.
It is unlawful in India to drive any car on public roads without a valid registration. The RTO Tripura is in charge of assigning registration numbers to vehicles in Tripura. First, the owner of the car must fill out the relevant application form for this. Then, after obtaining the necessary documentation and conditions, the RTO Tripura assigns the vehicle a registration number.
Tripura RTO’s Operation
Apart from maintaining road safety, the other duties of the Tripura RTO include:
- It may issue driving licenses to car owners and drivers.
- And have a learner’s permit.
- And provide transport vehicles with a registration card.
- Non-transport cars must be given a registration card.
- The conductor’s license must be granted.
- To give the cars a certificate of health.
- To begin the process of transferring ownership of a vehicle.
- To update the address on the vehicle’s registration card.
- To have fancy identification numbers for anyone who requests them.
- To have a car permit online.
- Commercial vehicle health permit renewal.
Tripura RTO Rules
The Tripura transport department ensures that the laws and rules of the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 are strictly enforced in the state. In addition, Tripura RTO ensures road safety by supporting road transport rules and regulations.