The Transport Department of Manipur Implements Motor Vehicles Act and Rules and collects tax. The Transport Department of Manipur has the main responsibility for enforcing the Motor Vehicles Act, collecting taxes, controlling noise pollution and road safety as per various acts and rule Motor Vehicles Act 1988 (Central Act 59, 1988)
Manipur RTO Office
- MN 01 RTO Office Imphal West, MN-01 Phone Number and Address
- MN 02 RTO Office Churachandpur, MN-02 Phone Number and Address
- MN 03 RTO Office Kangpokpi, MN-03 Phone Number and Address
- MN 04 RTO Office Thoubal, MN-04 Phone Number and Address
- MN 05 RTO Office Bishnupur, MN-05 Phone Number and Address
- MN 06 RTO Office Imphal East, MN-06 Phone Number and Address
- MN 07 RTO Office Ukhrul, MN-07 Phone Number and Address
- MN 08 RTO Office Senapati, MN-08 Phone Number and Address
About Manipur RTO Office
By Article 213(1) of the Motor Vehicles Law 1988, the Manipur Officer of Tourism and Transportation, headed by the Transportation Commissioner, has been formulated stating the State Government may constitute and appoint as its officers the Department of Motor Vehicles, for purposes of implementing the provisions of the Act.
Manipur RTO Vehicle Information
An RTO’s primary function is to preserve and track the various laws and regulations listed in the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, a detailed datapoint for all motor vehicles registered in that particular city, state, and Union territory. In addition, the RTO is responsible in the State of Manipur for the supervision of public transport, maintenance of registrations for vehicles, issue of driving and vehicle authorizations, monitoring of vehicle emissions, and properly collecting road tax.
What are the services offered by RTO in Manipur?
Each Regional Transport Office (RTO) has some feature sets that they are considered to perform in different towns, States, or union territories in India. There are three primary roles of the Manipur RTO:
- The Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989 and the State Motor Vehicle Standards are duly implemented to ensure that all the rules and regulations laid down in the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 are executed appropriately.
- By the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, tax is levied and collected.
- Enabling the construction and development of road transport by the management of their respective permits.
What are the types of Vehicle Registration in Manipur?
In the state of Manipur, there are two types of vehicle registration processes available:
A quick registration is obtained at the time of car purchase. The manufacturer only performs this form of identification because it is only available for a short time. The car owner must get the permanent license within the timeline.
It is unlawful in India to drive any car on public roads without a valid registration. The RTO Manipur is in charge of assigning registration numbers to vehicles in Manipur. First, the owner of the car must fill out the relevant application form for this. Then, after obtaining the necessary documentation and conditions, the RTO Manipur assigns the vehicle a registration number.
Manipur RTO’s Operation
Apart from maintaining road safety, the other duties of the Manipur RTO include:
- It may issue driving licenses to car owners and drivers.
- And have a learner’s permit.
- And provide transport vehicles with a registration card.
- Non-transport cars must be given a registration card.
- The conductor’s license must be granted.
- To give the cars a certificate of health.
- To begin the process of transferring ownership of a vehicle.
- To update the address on the vehicle’s registration card.
- To have fancy identification numbers for anyone who requests them.
- To have a car permit online.
- Commercial vehicle health permit renewal.
Manipur RTO Rules
The Manipur transport department ensures that the laws and rules of the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 are strictly enforced in the state. In addition, Manipur RTO ensures road safety by supporting road transport rules and regulations.